For a pizza option that will melt away the winter cold follow the recipe below!
Our Banhoek Chilli Oil Pizza is exactly the right meal to satisfy your spice cravings and to warm you up from the inside out. The beauty lies in the deliciously spicy marinated mushrooms that add an extra kick to each bite.
Share this pizza among friends, family and spice lovers and let us know what you thought!
- 1 cup Store bought canned mushrooms
- 1 cup Store bought Peppadew Sweet Piquante Peppers
- 1 Pizza dough, pre-made
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 6 oz Pepperoni, sliced
- 6 oz Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Semolina or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Banhoek Chilli Oil (which you’ll find here)
DIRECTIONS FOR BANHOEK MARINATED MUSHROOMS:
In order to add some zing to your mushrooms, we suggest marinating your store bought canned mushrooms in a layer of Banhoek Chilli Oil, jalapeño peppers, and crushed garlic for two hours.
DIRECTIONS FOR PIZZA:
- For crispy crust, position pizza stone, or large cast iron pan, 4-5 inches below broiler and heat for 30.
- Dust work surface with semolina or flour and with lightly oiled finger-tips press and gently stretch dough into a 10-12 ”circle about ¼” thick
- Pull stone or skillet from oven and drape dough across, carefully re-shaping as necessary
- Quickly top with sauce, mushrooms, peppadew, pepperoni, and mozzarella
- Return to oven and broil until cheese is melted and crust is cooked through
- Drizzle with Banhoek Chilli Oil, slice, and serve